Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Certainty for Theo (Luke 1:1-4)

Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile a narrative of the things that have been accomplished among us, 2 just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word have delivered them to us, 3 it seemed good to me also, having followed all things closely for some time past, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 that you may have certainty concerning the things you have been taught. -Luke 1:1-4

Luke wrote because others have written and in their writings he felt certain of the things he was taught about God. I feel the exact same way, I enjoy writing about things I've learned and epiphanies I've had. I hope ever word to be a witness of Gods grace and presence in my life. I like that Luke wrote an "orderly account" for Theo for his assurance and certainty. I feel honored and blessed to have the same advantage in my faith. Reading in one thing, but belief and obedience is a whole issue. I feel assurance, conviction and power from every passage I read. This convinced me that the Word is indeed.....ALIVE and ACTIVE (Heb 4:12).


No comments: