Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Matthew 1:1-17

A few years ago, I spent entirely too much time trying to gather information about my family tree. Its pretty hard to find records and requires a lot of patience to wait for grandparents to remember who married their great aunt. Honestly, the genealogies can be quite mundane. BUT...I recognize many of the names from when I did the Daniel Study. That's encouraging. ;)
On the encouraging note...future glory compared to present suffering. (Romans 8)
Can I just say that Romans 8 is super amazing!!! Being free from the bondage of corruption.....uh yes please. Predestined to be formed into the image of Christ... So encouraging.

Alot of the people listed in the genelogy have done some pretty sweet things. I hope to be that cool. Did they make it in the Bible for historical reasons like they were doing super cool things for Israel or because they were in the bloodline?

Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree? Not making light of Galations 3:13 but my favorite past time is hanging from trees. :/

Status is so important me not just a high status but my own anti-status status. I Hate stereotypes but love labels. I want to be great, but I know God need to be greater. Its hard to put ones self in a group with everyone else but as for being part of God's stock is the greatest honor....thats a status I'm proud of .

-Lord please help me continually to find my adequacy in You. Help me to further Your kingdom...You made me a pretty cool chick and I want to make You proud.

Amen

No comments: